Skip to main content

Jimjilbang in Seoul

Jimjilbang is a gem of Korea which not many know about as I also seldom see it being introduced in tourist websites or shows. You probably would have seen the actors or actresses in Korean Drama tying the towel on their head like this.

Photo taken from Google Image.
Jimjilbang is acually the best thing that we discovered in Seoul. We went 3 times in our 5 days tour in Seoul. The Jimjilbang we frequent is Siloam Sauna that's near Seoul Train Station. You can see more information at their website here.
Address: 49 Jungnim-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul South Korea

Directions  By Subway:
Line 1, Line 4, Seoul Station, Exit 1, 5 minutes walk
Line 2, Line 5, Chungjeongro Station, Exit 5, 5 minutes walk
Admission fees for Siloam Sauna
[Bath]
Daytime - Adults: 8,000 won / Children (ages under 10): 6,000 won
Nighttime -  Adults: 9,000 won / Children (ages under 10): 7,000 won
[Bath + Jjimjil-bang (Sauna)]
Daytime -  Adults: 10,000 won / Children (ages under 10): 9,000 won
Nighttime -  Adults: 15,000 won / Children (ages under 10): 11,000 won
* Daytime: 05:00-20:00 / Nighttime: 20:00-05:00 (the following day)
* Free admission for infants under 12 months 

There are 5 storeys at Siloam Sauna segregated by different categories.

At the counter, you make the payment and you will be provided with towels and their t-shirt and bottom. You will then proceed to the male or female changing rooms that are located at different levels. At the changing room, you will need to go to the counter to take a key for your locker first and put your shoes in the shoes rack. Then you are free and decide what would you like to do first.

In the changing room, don't be stunned by all the naked bodies. The changing room is directly linked to the bath house. To enjoy the steam bath and the different types of bath pools in the bath house, you have to be naked, there are scrubbing services provided too. The bath house is where you bath with others of the same gender as well. There's no privacy so to speak. I took a while to get used to it.

After roaming about in the changing room and bath house, I decided it's time to go meet my hubby. Change into the t-shirt and bottom provided by Siloam Sauna and you are good to go explore the other storeys. Of course, if you are a female, the male changing area is out of bounds for you and vice versa. Level 2 and above are the places where male and female can meet and mingle. There are different sauna rooms and sleeping rooms. There's also massage service here, but you have to pay for the massage, it's not included in the admission fee.

There's a central hall and some rooms with theme such as the Jade Imperial Room where people lie down to rest and relax. There's also a canteen here where you can buy food and drinks.


This Korean rice drink is sweet and refreshing! I love it!
The canteen where you eat your food.
Next is the time to roam around level 4 where all the different sauna theme rooms are located. It's fun to go in and experience the different sauna rooms. The theme and temperature of each room is indicated outside the room and on the door. Some are so hot that I couldn't even stay there for 5 mins.




The only ice room there. Brrrr...
There's infra-red light in the hole. So you climb and lie down and on the infra-red light.

On level 5 are the sleeping rooms. It's cute that they have a separate room for snorers hahaha.


There are also separate male and female sleeping rooms on level 5.

So next time when you are in Korea and have no where to go at night. You can have a Jimjilbang experience! It's really fun and relaxing!


Comments

  1. Incredibly educational and fascinating. You taught me a great deal. Just how long would you sauna? saunajournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has